Friday, October 26, 2007

Going Digital

Well...with a household full of children, sadly scrapbooking fell by the wayside. You just can't leave the table sitting covered with scrapbooking materials when you have three children three and under milling around the house. Not to mention you hardly have time to clutter up the table with your project in the first place.

BUT, I have just discovered that I can still scrapbook. Years ago Dwight suggested that I ought to do digital scrapbooks. Well I was thinking that he meant "books" that you would look at on the computer - which I think is indeed what he meant - and that didn't appeal to me at all. I like to have books I can hold in my hand and flip through. And at that time there probably weren't even tons of resources for what I'm about to start doing. Whether or not there were then, there certainly are now. So I'm switching to digital scrapbooking. I'm going to make my books using Photoshop and then I'll upload them to Shutterfly, print my 12x12 books and end up with beautiful bound hardcover books. I think there are a lot of benefits to going digital. One is that you can use a page in multiple books or create multiple copies of books. So if my mom would like a copy of XYZ scrapbook, we can just have a second one printed. Or you can make one scrapbook for several pages.

I've been doing a lot of poking around online looking at various resources. When I would get really excited about a page, I would send a link to my friend Brooke. But I think I know other people who might be interested too so instead of continuing to inundate Brooke's inbox with hyperlinks, I'm just going to start linking to the various resources that I find online, here. Plus we can continue to share pages and now I can add templates to share with friends who might want to make the switch to digital as well. And even if you are scrapbooking the original way, I'd still love to see your pages, hear about your great tips and resources. So join the community girls...and guys?!

No comments: